Monday, September 20, 2010

TOTD: Mr. Bean's Church singing vs. the Book of Revelation

Dear Jesus,

It's been a while since I last posted... I didn't want to post an entry without recording another piece of music on soundcloud and thus completing my triple-artsy blogpost.  However, being busy with weddings, and now 2 courses at school plus full-time work etc. it seems like I'll put aside my artsy blog/music/poetry for now and just have regular posts.  But I wanted to praise You for Your answer to prayer from my last post.  Turns out my coworker's friend had a successful surgery and felt great afterwards, so Thank You.

Had a recent conversation with a buddy of mine and I mentioned how I liked going on daytrips and how I relax by reading the book of Revelation, to which he was bewildered and replied, "Why?!"   I gave the reason how I just started reading it backwards one daytrip and stuck to it ever since...but it JUST occurred to me the reason--i want to see Jesus more clearly in the book of Revelation which is comforting by far.  And here is my Christian INFP thought of the day (ie: TOTD):

Watch this Mr. Bean clip
Mr. Bean sings Alleluia at Church

Notice how Mr. Bean doesn't know the melody to the hymn EXCEPT the main "Alleluia" part?  Well I guess, for me reading the book of Revelation is like that.
I may not know what all the weird symbolic imagery is about, but when the main hymn comes about whose Name is Jesus, and I read the sections where He is  exalted and made much of, I sing aloud like Mr. Bean for it makes me want to declare His praise worthy of His kingship and supremacy.  In fact, I'd go so far and say that for me, it's in the midst of the ambiguous imagery described by John's visions that intensifies and makes more clear the supremacy of Christ!  Sort of like being lost, but once you find a familiar landmark or person--you rejoice even more!

Thank You Jesus for revealing Yourself, Amen.

No comments: